January 30, 2018

September 9, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts

The following information was posted by the BBS here.  

  • The Board now has the authority to audit supervisors to ensure they meet the qualifica...

California Supervisor Qualifications & Responsibilities (Jan 2019)

December 3, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

New Suicide Assessment and Intervention Requirement

December 2, 2019

Per the BBS (https://www.bbs.ca.gov/pdf/legupdate_18.pdf) there is a new requirement regarding suicide risk assessment and intervention training starting January 1, 2021.  This requirement applies to both new licensees as well as renewals.  This is not a continuing education requirement, but the requirement can be satisfied by completing continuing education hours. If you complete a course/workshop in suicide and intervention it should be logged under the category of "Other" in Track Your CEUs.  


Effective January 1, 2021, applicants for licensure for each of the Board’s four license types (LMFT, LEP, LCSW, and LPCC), as well as all Board licensees (upon renewal), must have completed at least 6 hours of coursework or supervised experience in suicide risk assessment and intervention, as follows (This is a one-time requirement; see AB 1436 for further information):


For All Existing Licensees (Effective First Renewal Period, Reactivation, or Reinstatement on or After 1/1/2021):


Upon the first renewal period occurring on or after 1/1/2021 (or upon reactivation or reinstatement on or after this date) an existing licensee must sign under penalty of perjury that he or she is in compliance with this coursework requirement via one of the three methods described below. The licensee does not need to submit proof (other than certifying under penalty of perjury) but does need to retain proof of the coursework or experience in case of a Board audit.


•It can be obtained as part of the degree program. The applicant needs to provide the Board with a written certification from the registrar or training director of the school or degree program from which he/she graduated stating the required coursework was either required by the degree program or was part of the coursework completed by the applicant.


•It can be obtained as part of the applicant’s supervised experience. The applicant needs to provide the Board with a written certification from the director of training for the program, or from his or her primary supervisor, stating that the training was included in the applicant’s supervised experience.


•It can be obtained by taking a continuing education course from a provider that meets the Board’s continuing education provider requirements. The applicant needs to provide the Board with the course’s certificate of completion.



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2019 Track Your Hours, LLC

All Rights Reserved